Update: This Free Hokkien Webinar for Beginners was held in January 2019 and is no longer available for sign-ups. However, if you are keen to learn Hokkien, please check out our upcoming Hokkien Workshop for Beginners!
Free Hokkien Webinar for Beginners
by LearnDialect.sg, People’s Choice Award Winner, Leap for Good 2018, RaiSE SG
27 January 2019, 9pm – 10pm, Singapore
Our Hokkien Class is perfect for Beginners, even if you don’t have any Mandarin background. During this 1-hour Hokkien Class, you will learn:
- Singapore Hokkien characteristics. Ever wonder why we speak Hokkien differently from Taiwanese?
- Hokkien Phonetics. Heard of the 7 tones in Hokkien and think that you can never differentiate among them? Fret not, we share with you an easier way to learn.
- Numbers. Is ‘one’ pronounced as “Jit” or “Yo”? We sort out this confusion for you.
- Hokkien Slangs. What is the story or meaning behind some commonly-used phrases and how do we use it in daily conversations?
- Q&A Session. Any burning questions for us?
Why you should attend our Hokkien Class
The importance of learning Hokkien in Singapore is often overlooked. Learn Hokkien to:
- Build meaningful bonds with your grandparents. How terrible would it be if your grandparents don’t have a chance to speak for themselves?
- Keep your culture and language alive. Did you know that Hokkien is a dying language in Singapore?
- Communicate effectively with patients, clients and/or colleagues, especially if you are in public service, healthcare and legal industry.
Sign up for this Hokkien Class now and you’ll also receive commonly-used dialect phrases delivered to your inbox regularly!
Limited spots on a first-come-first-served basis.